|Recent Additions (Click images for larger pictures)
c. 1913 Spalding Baseball Uniform
1913 baseball uniform with full collar, 4 button pull-over jersey and pants. Jersey was designed for detachable sleeve extensions, but no longer
contains the original extensions.
Believed to be uniform from Brunswick “Pilots”, a minor league team who played in the Class D Georgia State League in 1913.
Georgia State League:
The Georgia State League was founded in 1906 as the first Georgia-only minor league. Albany, Americus, Columbus, Cordele, Valdosta, and Waycross
were the original participants of the Class D loop, directed by league president J. W. Thomas. The Columbus club moved its operations to Brunswick
on June 25, and Americus and Valdosta both disbanded during the first week of July of the same year. A week later, the rest of the league folded, citing
financial difficulties throughout the circuit.
An attempt was made to bring back the league in 1913 under the new name of the Empire State League, with Thomasville and Brunswick replacing
Columbus and Albany. The league changed its name back to Georgia State League in 1914, and drastic changes occurred in 1915, when the league
moved the Americus team to Gainesville, Florida. A team from Dothan, Alabama, was admitted to play that year, and the name of the circuit was
changed to the FLAG (Florida-Alabama-Georgia) League.